Random music news for Thursday, June 18, 2020
How did Aunt Jemima last this long? Buh-bye. And on the topic of extremists, we have John Cleese to explain things to us.
On to music news for June 18, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: There’s another dire warning from the creative industries in the UK about the short- and long-term effects of the virus.
- Coronavirus update 2: My Chemical Romance has postponed their reunion tour to 2021.
- Go Dolly go!
- Nice job, Alexisonfire.
- I wish we didn’t need this: An app that automatically starts recording when you say “Hey, Siri! I’m being pulled over.”
- Donald Trump pushed hard to have an Elton John CD delivered to Kim Jong-un.
- After HBO pulled Gone with the Wind, piracy of the film is way up.
- Hey, whatever happened to Winamp?
- Yep, that’s the kid’s name.
- Is it possible that the first rap metal song was released in 1984? Maybe.
- How about a 1000-piece Radiohead jigsaw puzzle to help pass the time?
- What does this US senator have against preserving precious 78 RPM records?
- Kim Kardashian has a new podcast deal with Spotify. Yay.
- And Spotify has been rolling out video ads in Canada.
- Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys has made an album with Ceelo Green. That should be interesting.
One thought on “Random music news for Thursday, June 18, 2020”
Pingback: Random music news for Saturday, June 19, 2021 | Alan Cross