This protestor set himself on fire. People took selfies. Let’s move to something less weird with music news for June 2, 2022.
- Just as the jury started deliberating in the Jacob Hoggard sexual assault trial (some extra details here), another person has come forward with allegations.
- It’s not just Halsey. Artists are getting fed up with feeding TikTok.
- Still with TikTok, let’s take a look at what happens when a song goes viral.
- Meanwhile, let’s take a closer look at Pink Floyd’s decision to license their music to the platform.
- Wrapped up in the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard trial? Try this. (Via Oreo)
- We’re not even through 2022 yet and Tears for Fears is being touted for The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2023.
- There’s a crisis in Las Vegas as Elvis impersonators have been banned from performing in wedding chapels.
- Rappers are coming up with some really interesting ways to distribute music.
- The White House has a forgotten cache of 70s vinyl.
- Queen Elizabeth, unwilling pop song.
- How can we solve the mental health crisis with musicians?
- Things are a lot different backstage with The Rolling Stones today than they were back in the 70s.
- I loved Girls5eva. I approve of this.
- Check out this kid-friendly synth. Might be a good investment in your budding musician.
- The Chili Peppers’ Chad Smith has an art exhibition coming up.
- There’s now a Blue Rodeo Drive in Toronto.
- I appeared in another podcast this week. You can listen here.
BONUS: Need a new microwave? Watch this first.