Hey, whatever happened to water beds? This. And now that you know, here’s music news for June 22, 2023.
- Oh FFS…
- Goodbye Ticketmaster’s “Verified Fan” program, hello “Advance Registration.”
- Glastonbury begins. Expect almost all music news from the UK to be focused on that for the next four days.
- Mark Hoppus: “Tom was right about aliens.“
- Look, dude. You be you, but… It’s not a good look.
- Remember that guy who threw a phone at pop singer Bebe Rexha and hit her in the head? He says “I just wanted her to catch it and take pictures with it.“
- Hellfest: Metal and great food at one festival.
- A 16-mile conga line? Yep.
- AI rappers. Thank Microsoft and China.
- Let’s call this festival “New Wave-Palooza.”
- Metal monk. As in a monk who records metal albums. Black metal, too!
- Adele has interesting ideas about what kind of art should go around a pool.
- Second Life is still a thing. Motown is building a venue in that virtual world.
- The Flaming Lips are now on TikTok. This should be interesting.
- Morrissey has announced his “40 Years of Morrissey Tour.” Date cancellations will begin in 3…2…1…
- Nelson Mandela could reunite Pink Floyd. Maybe. Unfortunately, he’s still dead.
BONUS: This is just plain weird.