Random music news for Thursday, June 24, 2021
This dude got a swastika tattoo where? Wow. On to must news for June 24, 2021.
- Poor Britney. This woman has had enough. Stuff like this is insane. Her father is nuts. Free Britney!
- Why is this disco song such a big hit in Scotland now?
- Why does anyone still have anything to do with Chris Brown?
- This is interesting: YouTube’s culture and trends report on the future of video.
- Here’s another example of how something from your past can suddenly show up and threatened to get you canceled. Right, Billie Eilish?
- Things are ugly for British acts who want to tour post-Brexit. Radiohead and New Order are among those calling for new rules. (Via Sean)\
- What will happen to livestream companies once touring gets back to normal? Here’s a possibility.
- A Rita McNeil fan retreat? Yes.
- Noel Gallagher has a new online photography exhibit.
- Talk about a buzzkill: A musician in Guelph was fined $1,500 for hosting a driveway concerts for his neighbours.
- shares in your favourite musician? Discuss.
- And finally, this is the best newspaper headline of the year so far.
- What’s being played on Canadian online radio? Here’s the current chart. (Via Danny)
- If you’re an artist on Spotify, this fan study looks really helpful.
- There was a “redneck rave.” And it got weird, of course.
- That’s a weird name for a radio station.
More news? Check here.