Sweden is holding a sex tournament, turning sex into a sport. Will there be betting? Let’s try some music news for June 8, 2023.
- Should content made with AI be labeled? The EU thinks so.
- Roger Waters tried to set the record straight over his current political views with this interview. (Via Walter)
- The sexual assault claims against Rammstein’s Till Lindeman keep piling up.
- The Clown from Slipknot will miss the band’s upcoming European tour.
- OK Go (the band) has settled a lawsuit over Ok Go! (the breakfast cereal). It was a dumb lawsuit to begin with.
- There’s an inquest into the death of Martin Duffy of Primal Scream. The results are coming in.
- This proves that you can play a gig anywhere.
- Are these the most beautiful songs of all time?
- Finally! An exhibit that underscores the importance of black metal.
- Spotify has cut 200 jobs. They’re trying to restructure the podcast division.
- Nice job, Elon.
- Another six organizations have come to the support of AM radio in the car.
- Bass player Tony Levin has a diary documenting Peter Gabriel’s current tour (via Martin)
- Astrud Gilberto, the woman who sang the bossa nova classic “The Girl from Ipanema” has died.
- Stressed? Then maybe the sounds of the largest organism on Earth will help.
BONUS: This is how the 1%–those without private jet, anyway--fly.