Random music news for Thursday, March 16, 2023
This guy died, came back to life and promptly won the lottery twice in a row. Music news for March 16, 2023, isn’t quit that amazing, but still…
- Metallica has bought itself a vinyl factory. This should be interesting.
- A new study says that a song has just five seconds to hook a listener.
- It’s now SIR Brian May. A member of Queen is now a knight.
- If you ever accepted a popsicle from Joan Jett, I have some disturbing news for you.
- What’s the future of music if we consider the role of ChatGPT? Discuss.
- And just as we’re getting use to ChatGPT-3 comes ChatGPT-4.
- Speaking of the future, where are we going with music curation? Discuss that, too.
- Universal and Deezer have officially announced “a new economic model” for streaming. This could make things better for artists
- Willie Nelson has announced a new tour. He’s 89.
- A British pizza chain has launched a new record label.
- The “Headbang for Science” metal scholarship. It’s here.
- Someone has come to the defense of Meg White’s drumming.
- And speaking of women in music, there’s this.
- Half? Half?
- Well, that’s an unusual approach to covering a KISS song.
BONUS: How about a 3D printed record? (Via Rick J)