Just for fun, let’s start with Tom Petty on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise. Damn the (photon) torpedos? (Give Tom credit for that one.)
Moving to music news for March 18, 2021…
- Another plagiarism lawsuit has been settled, this time featuring an Ariana Grande song.
- Pandemic or no pandemic, the kids in the Yukon have found a way to rock.
- This is interesting: Liam and Noel Gallagher have launched a movie production company TOGETHER. It’s called Kosmic Kyte.
- Wolfgang Van Halen is working on creating a legacy for his dad.
- A member of Massive Attack is, er, attacking the music industry for not paying more attention to green issues.
- Wow. That’s one tiny laptop!
- With TV audiences for awards shows shrinking, should anyone bother saving them?
- The Imagine Dragons are offering a student scholarship.
- And drummer Mike Portnoy did something nice for this guy in Indonesia.
- This songbird is forgetting its love songs.
- This guy was sentenced for killing an Australian rapper with a sword.
- The guitar Elvis used for his legendary comeback TV special in 1968 is going up for auction.
- So how does Hipgnosis value songs before it buys a catalogue? Like this.
- Trade hockey cards or baseball cards? How about independent music venue cards?
- BTS set a world record for the most simultaneous views of a music video on YouTube.
- A Florida man who pretended to be a member of Wu-Tang clan is now going to jail.
- And you do NOT want to turn up your stereo in Mesquite, Texas.