Published on March 19th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, March 19, 2015
On this day in 1962, Bob Dylan released his debut record.
- Think the idea of a record label is a bad, evil thing? Think again. Read through this article from MusicBizHow2.
- Scott Weiland has settled his legal issues with the Stone Temple Pilots.
- The Offspring have created a fight club for clowns. You heard me.
- This is Eminem’s smokin’ hot daughter. I’m sure she has no parental issues at all.
- Madonna and Bieber together? Eww.
- Twenty-nine years after its release, the Beastie Boys’ Licensed to Ill has been certified Diamond in the US (10 million in sales). (Via Tom)
- A second season of Sonic Highways? Dave Grohl says “Maybe…”
- It’s interesting how soundtrack to Empire (the Fox TV show) debuted at #1 in the US (ahead of Madonna) and at #25 in Canada. It sold less than 1,300 copies in the whole country.
- Would you like to print your own 3D Paul McCartney? He wants you to.
- Hey, why not iTunes for TV?
- This woman stole money just so she could buy Beyonce tickets.
- Want High-Res Audio from a streaming service? Deezer has just gone global with theirs.
- This Tunisian rapper picked a very bad time to try to join ISIS.
- Here are eight solid strategies of successful musicians.