Random music news for Thursday, March 30, 2023
I used to really like strawberries–until I saw this. (Via Larry) Moving on to music news for March 30, 2023…
- Despite making boatloads of money, Warner Music Group has announced it will cut its global workforce by 4%.
- If you’re into TV themes, then check out this story about the theme from Friends.
- If you on set with Mike Myers, do not make eye contact.
- On a similar note, these 20 musicians have a reputation of being hard to work with.
- The world’s largest collection of Apple devices is about to go up for auction.
- Luke Skywalker has joined Ukraine in the fight against Russia.
- Next up after K-pop as a global force? Arabic music.
- Hundreds of tech and science people are calling for a six-month pause in AI development just so everyone can catch their breath.
- Tom Morello gave an update on the future of Rage Against the Machine.
- Into Goth? Then you’ll need this new book.
- The touring industry might be seeing some daylight when it comes to supply chain issues.
- In case you needed more emojis, more are coming.
- As talk of a TikTok band grows, parent company ByteDance has another app that’s on fire.
- A Dolly Parton inspired nightclub? Why not? (It’s called Jolene, of course.)
BONUS: If you’re reading this outside of Canada and hope to visit us one day, better read up on this first.