Nothing to see here. Just a Russian oil oligarch dying from toad poison. Not suspicious at all. Meanwhile, nothing but truth in music news for May 12, 2022.
- Apparently, Tom Cruise fired Twenty One Pilots from the Top Gun: Maverick soundtrack.
- Trevor Strnad, singer of The Black Dahlia Murder, has died. He may have taken his own life.
- Uh, no thanks, Madonna.
- This is an interesting family collaboration. (Via Larry)
- Tame Impala has recorded a duet with…Diana Ross?
- Podcasting will be a US$4 billion business just in the United States within two years.
- Can a pop song bring peace between India and Pakistan? Maybe.
- Britney Spears has unexpectedly found herself in a Department of Labor investigation into “exploitive working conditions.”
- Ready for the Eurovision finals? No? Then read this.
- Eurovision silliness from last year: French president Emmanuel Macron tried to have Måneskin (the winners) disqualified.
- Sony had a monster quarter when it came to selling and streaming music…
- …and so did Warner.
- If you’re into synths, Oberheim is back with a model called the OB-X8.
- “Bionic gloves” helped this classical pianist play with all ten fingers for the first time in 20 years.
- Are environmental activists Coldplay actually in bed with Big Oil? That’s the charge.
- This is a big deal for American artists: The record label seven-year law may soon be a thing of the past.
- Radio is hard. See?
BONUS: Imagine being a passenger on this plane.