Random music news for Thursday, May 13, 2021
And the latest word on sex robots is…what? Uh, okay. I’ll stick with music news for May 13, 2021.
- These new earphones from Sennheiser cost US$1,300. They must sound awesome.
- Here’s a problem with TikTok that no one saw coming.
- And then there’s this technology that seems a little sci-fi.
- What happened to Van Morrison? Why is he now this weird conspiracy guy?
- Some people in Britain are having second thoughts about “the big reopening.”
- Grimes had a severe panic attack following Elon Musk’s SNL appearance. She even had to go to the hospital.
- Megadeth bass player David Ellefson has been accused of sexual misconduct. The band has responded.
- Toronto’s Horseshoe Tavern is planning a series of drive-in concerts this summer. (Via Sean)
- Katy Perry is releasing a Pokemon song? Yep.
- Here’s a chance to rave like it’s 1993.
- What does “fame” mean in the music world today? Discuss.
- Uh, Ted Nugent? You might want to read up on Marxism first.
- A Florida man is wanted for stealing some very valuable Lynyrd Skynyrd memorabilia.
- Looking to discover some new music? This website called New Artist Spotlight is a grassroots co-op of many different indie artists looking to be heard. (Via Ed)
- Banjo Mozart! (Via Tom)