Before we begin, please enjoy this.
Now that’s out of the way, here’s music news for May 14, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: Bob Dylan has canceled his summer tour.
- Coronavirus update 2: 92% of independent festivals in the UK could go out of business because of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Coronavirus update 3: So what’s the future of live music in Canada? Read this.
- Coronavirus update 4: Music venues are dying and need financial support. Toronto has promised some help, though.
- Coronavirus update 5: Are you craving comfort during these times? You’re not alone.
- Coronavirus update 6: With so many schools closed, this stat about the most popular YouTube channel these days really shouldn’t come as a surprise.
- Coronavirus update 7: What’s a busker to do during the time of pandemic? This.
- Coronavirus update 8: Slipknot has canceled everything for 2020.
- Coronavirus update 9: You know that social-distance concert that was supposed to happen in Arkansas? The governor is trying to put an end to that. The promoter wants to add a second show, too.
- Coronavirus update 10: The New Order/Pet Shop Boys tour has been postponed to next year.
- Melissa Etheridge’s son–the boy she had with Julie Cypher using sperm donated by David Crosby–has died. It was an opioid overdose.
- The hack of a NYC legal office–a place that works for Lady Gaga, Elton John and others–has taken a sinister turn.
- The maker of a British vodka has apparently been threatened by a lawsuit from GHOST. You’ll see why.
- Madonna is having her knee repaired.
- Can synthetic voices cry? Maybe.
- Someone is Photoshopping The Simpsons into album cover artwork.
- Wanna snoop on what you’re kid is listening to on Spotify? Check this out.
- Spin magazine has gone back to the future. Sort of.
- If you’re a DJ or musician, there’s a survey you should look at.
- Post Malone…rosé wine.
And for no reason at all, here’s a cool optical illusion. (Via Larry)