Random music news for Thursday, May 17, 2018
On this day in 1902, the Antikythera Mechanism was discovered. We still don’t know who made it. Or when. As for music news on May 17, 2018…
- With people like Chris Brown and R Kelly no longer being promoted on streaming platforms by Spotify, are the Red Hot Chili Peppers next? That’s what this group wants. (Via Moe)
- Metallica still does not regret suing Napster.
- Is Tidal paying record labels on time? Maybe not.
- There will be a vigil for Chris Cornell on the first anniversary of his death tomorrow.
- Snoop Dogg has bought into Snoopy (the dog).
- It’s tough being a club owner in the former Soviet republic of Tbilisi.
- Def Leppard meets the Deaf Leopards.
- What should a mom do to prepare for a daughter’s first concert? Read this.
- Another reason why you should get your kid to take music lessons.
- RIP revolutionary musician Glenn Branca. (If you’re a Sonic Youth fan, read this.)
- Looking to learn how to play the ukulele? Try this. (Via Tom)
- If you were ever a fan of Silverchair, you should read this.
- Here are 25 industry insiders to follow on Twitter. (I’m not here. Must be an oversight.)
- This passes for music news in some circles: Kanye got rid of his phone.
- Is Bing getting better than Google? They’re working on it.
- How is Brexit going to affect gigs and fans? You might be surprised.
- FIght about this: The 20 most underrated classic rock bands of all time. (Via Tom)
- Will Elton John’s kid make the Premier League? Too early to tell, but…