Aliens may be living next to a star called 2MASS 19281982-2640123. It may be a while before we hear from them again. Moving to music news for May 19, 2022.
- Jesse Hughes of Eagles of Death Metal has been testifying in a trial involving the perpetrators of the 2015 Bataclan massacre. Here’s some of what he said.
- The Beatles Get Back doc FINALLY has a proper release date for DVD and Blu-ray.
- Where did all the “featuring” artists go with singles?
- New York State has made it more difficult to use a rapper’s lyrics against themselves in court. Good.
- Love getting chills from music? Here are 715 songs that will do it for you.
- The Who played their first show in Cincinnati since all those people died in a crowd crush in 1979.
- How will we tell if Vladimir Putin dies? When the Russians start broadcasting Swan Lake a lot. Here’s the story.
- Here’s an interesting perspective on the current state of terrestrial radio.
- “God Save the Queen” is making a comeback. No, not that one.
- Apple Music has announced a new live-streaming series.
- Speaking of Apple, where’s their AR/VR headset?
- Wait. Morrissey is 63?
- There’s no more sound of music.
- This cheese company is experimenting with using hip-hop to age cheese.
- Charlie Watts passed on a lot of money to his wife and daughter when he died.
- Are you watching the series The Man Who Fell to Earth? It’s good.
BONUS: This is known as an “inconvenience store.”