Random music news for Thursday, May 25, 2023
Did you have an old computer with a “turbo” button? It didn’t do what we thought. Music news for May 25, 2023? Exactly what you think.
- Fetty Wap is going to prison for six years on drug charges.
- Spotify is cloning its podcast hosts using AI.
- Taylor Swift may need an exorcist.
- This Pete Townshend guitar will probably fetch some big $$$ at auction.’
- Still with auctions, Donna Summer’s personal possessions are being sold off.
- Weep for this guy: He lost £100,000 worth of vinyl when the storage facility he used burned down.
- If you’re going to this Arctic Monkeys gig, you’d better not be wearing perfume.
- Maybe AI will be a good thing for music. See what I mean?
- SoundCloud laid off 8% of its staff.
- The head of Sony Music thinks there’s too much music. He’s right.
- Introducing your productivity killer for today: The Mini Moog Factory.
- This reaction is pretty much universal.
BONUS: First there was Cocaine Bear. Now there’s Cocaine Shark. I’m not kidding.