Published on November 1st, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, November 1, 2018
The sound you heard at midnight was a bunch of radio stations flipping to an all-Christmas format for the rest of the year. Be prepared to hear “All I Want for Christmas is You” from Mariah Carey. A lot. And now in music news for November 1, 2018…
- Kanye West says he’s quitting politics and that people (like Donald Trump) used him.
- Meanwhile, Taylor Swift is urging fans to vote against fear-based extremism.
- The Beatles have released a new video. Yes, that Beatles.
- Universal Music is the last bidder for Big Machine, Taylor Swift’s label. The rumoured number is $300 million.
- Toronto could get a brand new planetarium. Does this mean the return of laser rock shows?
- Looking for a new podcast? Here are some podcast directories.
- These Bose wireless earbuds are supposed to help you sleep…
- …and these earbuds turn any smartphone into an FM radio…
- …while people who have been demanding a smart speaker for the shower has had their prayers answers.
- Wanna buy Frank Sinatra’s Rolls-Royce?
- This “introduction to the music industry” course being offered by the BBC looks interesting.
- Brexit could mean big, big problems for the British concert industry.
- The “Stairway to Heaven” plagiarism lawsuit continues. This isn’t ever going to go away, is it?
- Despite increasing the number of usual character, Twitter messages remain well under the maximum.
- Interesting: Using rap battle etiquette to teach free speech.
- Panda love songs. That is all.
- No, it’s not okay to dress up in blackface to be Beyonce.
- Do you buy this excuse for Gilbey Clarke refusing to join the Guns N’ Roses tour?
- And while KISS fans want to see Peter Criss on this upcoming so-called farewell tour, he’s apparently just not up to it.