Published on November 15th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, November 15, 2018
I’m still at a health resort in Thailand. One of the new services offered is past life regression. I’m thinking about it. Meanwhile, here’s some music news for Thursday, November 15, 2018.
- The lead in the new A Star is Born almost went to…Jack White? That would have worked, no?
- Jennifer Lopez got $2 million for a 20-minute set in Qatar. Nice work if you can get it.
- Dave Grohl cooked for some exhausted California wildfires. As in barbeque.
- Meanwhile, Lady Gaga visited a shelter for people affected by the fires.
- Spotify has launched in the Middle East. It’ll be interesting to watch what kind of impact this will have on the culture both at home and abroad.
- Here’s how Matt Bellamy trolled his bandmates on the new Muse album. Sneaky.
- Once again, prescribing playlists for dementia patients is a powerful and good thing.
- Pusha-T claims his latest Drake diss is the result of a sound and lighting guy gone rogue. Right.
- If you’re driving, PUT THE TRUMPET DOWN!
- If you’re looking for some blue vinyl Bowie that will aid a good cause, go here.
- Will we ever be able to make sense of the Bataclan massacre? My guess is “no.”
- How many more dumb wardrobe moves can BTS make?
- Here’s something about the sound capabilities of Windows 10 that has escaped me until now.
- Facebook needs to appeal to more teens. Here’s one musical way they hope to do that.
- On the other hand, a new study says that social media use increases depression and loneliness.
- Any guesses about how many employees Amazon has working on Alexa and Echo? About 10,000.
- Wanna be buried in a coffin shaped like a guitar? Now you can!
- The latest NFL PR nightmare is building: There’s a petition demanding that Maroon 5 drop out of the Super Bowl halftime show.
- Well, that didn’t take long.
- Need to make music on your phone? Read this.