McDonald’s has teamed up with Crocs for $75 shoes inspired by Grimace and the Hamburgler. Music news for November 16, 2023, isn’t nearly as weird. Mostly.
- Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue has had enough with stalkers. Here are two examples.
- So maybe Tay-Tay is a witch!
- A Taylor Swift cruise? I’m surprised it took this long.
- I like this: Pink is going to give away thousands of banned books at her shows.
- God requested that song? Really?
- Spotify’s purchase of carbon credits have been linked to slave labour camps in China.
- A long-in-development Ozzy documentary is “finally coming out after 20 years.”
- Is this a new job for Peter Jackson’s music-enhancing AI program?
- YouTube has a new “top songs on Shorts” music chart.
- TikTok has been banned in Nepal for “disrupting social harmony.”
- Prince’s Purple Rain puffy shirt went up for auction.
- There’s a biopic about Edif Piaf in the works. It’ll use a LOT of AI because Edif wants to remain very, very dead.
- Guns N’ Roses has a copyright infringement issue with a photographer. But it’s also way worse than that.
- Adele has a new venture in the beauty business. It’s called The Sherbourne Collective.
- Fun fact: Geddy Lee was once fired from Rush.
- So this is the Fyre Festival v2.0?
BONUS: Geddy Lee’s memoir, My Effin’ Life is out this week. Check out this picture of Rush playing in a Toronto subway station. (Via Rick J)