A phone for dogs? What will they think of next?
- How much do artists get paid from streaming platform these days? Read this
- This looks interesting: Encore, an interactive live music streaming app.
- There’s a new book on Shane MacGowan of The Pogues. I’ll bet it smells like whisky. (Via Tom)
- A member of ABBA just received a £1 million grant from Spotify and YouTube to develop a new music app.
- Speaking of ABBA, here’s the story of how they became gay icons.
- Did technology destroy underground culture? Discuss.
- Is the music industry doing enough to combat climate change? Discuss that, too.
- This will make things easier for British bands touring Spain in a post-Brexit Europe: The country has dropped its visa requirement for touring UK musicians.
- Another strike against Marilyn Manson: He’s accused of repeatedly locking women in a soundproof room as a form of punishment.
- If you’re a Metallica fan, you will definitely want this massive Black Box project.
- “Web 3.0?” What’s that? This. Wow. (Via Peter)
- While Taylor Swift is busy re-recording her old albums so she can own those master recordings, at least one label has quietly changed their artist contracts in response.
- Hey, how are those early NFTs offered by artists doing on the resale market? Not so good.
- The new thing is apparently 99-second “micro-podcasts.“
- This Indonesian band has their own streaming app to go with their new album.
- Streaming service Tidal has change the way they pay artists. This is a very good thing.
more news? Check here.