Anyone else find it disturbing that scientists can’t figure out how AI works? What could possibly go wrong? Ponder that as you scroll through music news for November 3, 2022.
- Elton John has a new musical based on…Tammy Faye Bakker? The crying phony evangelist? Yep.
- Music piracy is still alive. Here’s proof.
- Spotify is ingesting 100,000 songs a day. That’s just not sustainable. Here’s why.
- Meanwhile, Spotify and Apple are at war over audiobooks.
- Tidal is adding some features to its streaming platform.
- The last band I’d expect to be associated with athletic wear is the Grateful Dead. What’s that? It’s “athleisure wear?” Oh.
- According to Adele, we’ve been pronouncing her name all wrong. Hey, it’s her name so…
- There’s a 40th-anniversary edition of Michael Jackson’s Thriller coming. Here are some details.
- Should rap lyrics be used against someone charged with a crime? This is a debate still raging in the US.
- How do we make the music industry more equitable? Discuss.
- Musicians will soon get their revenge on the establishment music industry. Here’s how.
- An all-female thrash band from Lebanon? Yup.
- Facebook is offering a course on the metaverse–or at least their version of it.
- Mariah Carey is selling a line of “All I Want for Christmas is You” merchandise.
- The Beatles have released another new music video to go with the Revolver re-release.
BONUS: This is fun–and freaky.