Random music news for Thursday, October 28, 2021
You know what else is in short supply these days? Exorcists. Moving on to music news for October 28, 2021.
- Metallica is auctioning off some stuff. Want some? (Via Adam)
- How about some Korn temporary tattoos?
- Can your piano do this?
- The Rolling Stones have stopped playing “Brown Sugar” in concert because it’s a song about having sex with a slave. A lot of fans are fighting back.
- What’s the “metaverse” and what does it have to do with music? Possibly this.
- Then we have these 12 predictions for the future of music.
- ABBA seems really pleased about their reunion.
- A documentary on Chumbawumba? Yep.
- Kanye’s company, Yeezy, has been sued over slow delivery times.
- That’s real classy, Ted Nugent.
- Joywave drummer orders shirt from Hawaii. He received a box of scorpions.
- Qualcomm has found a way to improve Bluetooth audio. This is a very good thing.
- Randy Bachman is so happy to have his Gretsch guitar back after it was stolen 40 years ago.
- Projection: There will be at least half a billion podcast listeners by 2024.
- Here’s a weird one: The guy who tried to kill Ronald Reagan is also trying to claim royalties from Devo.
More news? Try here.
BONUS: The latest NFT is...a 1,784 pound of tungsten.