The things you find on the 500 level at the Rogers Centre in Toronto. Get a room, people. Moving on to music news for September 1, 2022…
- “I was a teenage Napster obsessive.” Does that sound like you? If so, what did that do to your musical taste?
- Matt Bellamy of Muse is contemplating becoming a US citizen because he says the country has an amazing political system.
- They do streaming differently in Asia. Take a look.
- A Toronto recording is celebrating being in business for 50 years. Happy birthday, Kensington Sound!
- Phone charger? We don’t need any stinkin’ phone charger!
- “How did the FN Meka mess happen?” Here’s a look.
- “Male pop stars are going extinct.” Discuss.
- Should the members of BTS do their military service? South Korea may conduct a survey on the matter.
- American radio stations really don’t want to pay for the privilege of playing music.
- Snap is going to lay off 20% of employees.
- Another honour for David Bowie.
- Michael Stipe, saving the planet one biodegradable record at a time.
- How much do parents hate their kids’ music? Quite a bit, it turns out.
- Want to take a tour of Spotify HQ? Here you go.
- Another song just hit the one billion views mark on YouTube. I would have never guessed.
BONUS BONUS: You can’t unsee this. (Via Danny)