Time to leave Singapore for Kuala Lumpur where the Yellow Shirts and the Red Shirts are battling each other in the streets over…something. Riot police have been dispatched. I didn’t sign up for this.
Meanwhile, in music news…
- Mice sing to each other in songs of seduction. Hey, it’s science.
- Liam Gallagher is back in family court. Talk about baggage. When he runs out of money, he’ll plead for an Oasis reunion. Shouldn’t be much longer…
- Lady Gaga’s stylist wants to dress you. (Er, no thanks.)
- Interesting theory: are we reaching the end of EDM?
- Twisted Sister’s Dee Snider remembers the PRMC 30 years later.
- You want silence? THIS is silence! (Subwavelength total acoustic absorption with degenerate resonators) (Via Tom)
- Well, this is an interesting cover.
- Keef says there will be a new Rolling Stones album.
- This guy doesn’t like the Straight Outta Compton movie much.
- MySpace is doing well, thank you. No, really.
- I think I predicted this: Apple Music is giving a boost to other streaming services, including Spotify.
- Speaking of which, there’s an announcement coming from Beats 1 on Friday. I predict more Beats radio channels.
- Meanwhile, YouTube music is growing at a rate of 60%. Everyone else can suck it.
- The war between Katy Perry and the nuns continues.
- The next time you fly through Dubai, you can attend a gig at DXB.
- Ricky Gervais will release an album as David Bent. This should be weird.