I wonder how much it took for Robert Niro to appear in these ads? Meanwhile, music news for September 21, 2023, remains free.
- Interesting: A new report says that in the US, 84% of all music consumption now comes from streaming.
- Want to start enjoying music more? Stop streaming it. Discuss (Via Will)
- TikTok says it’s working on a way to detect fake AI-generated content. There’s a new “AI-Generated” label for creators, too.
- Both the US and the UK are working on new measures to make sure that AI doesn’t hurt musicians.
- Just in time, too. A Disney director tried to use a Hans Zimmer AI to score a film. He failed.
- Taylor Swift and The Swifties are coming after Donald Trump.
- So what do we all think of iOS17? Here’s one view.
- Rosalie Trombley, one of the great Canadian visionaries, now has a statue in Windsor, Ontario.
- How do we feel about this list of the 50 greatest music videos? (Via Mark)
- There’s trouble in Sony’s podcast division.
- This rock photographer has been given a lifetime achievement award. You’ve seen his stuff.
- An Ecuadorian drug lord just released a song from prison.
- Olivia Rodrigo is doing something cool with hidden audio on her vinyl albums.
- And this is an oddly interesting Ed Sheeran album.
- Dave Grohl’s pre-Nirvana band Scream has a new album coming.
BONUS: Have you seen/heard the new Monday Night Football anthem?