Published on September 27th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, September 27, 2018
Google says that today is the anniversary of its founding in 1998. Interesting how they retroactively made that declaration. I know that to be true because I Binged it. And now some music news for September 27, 2018.
- More streaming options for Canadians: Amazon Music Unlimited has arrived in Canada.
- Another music industry #MeToo issue: BØRNS has been accused of sexual misconduct.
- Apple now owns Shazam. So what? Well, here’s how that could all play out.
- An original Apple 1 computer sold for $375,000 USD. And it still works!
- Classical Joy Division? Okay…
- Childish Gambino has canceled his US tour because of a foot injury.
- Is technology helping or hurting DJs? Let’s take a look.
- Here’s the tracklisting for the 50th-anniversary edition of The Beatles white album.
- Want better sound from your Bluetooth speakers? Try this.
- Remember the Cameron Crowe movie Almost Famous? It’s being turned into a musical.
- And Canada is getting more Elton John dates.
- This album began as scientific research but ended up as something much more.
- I’m not entirely sure what’s going on here, but it is a good waste of 40 minutes.
- Earlier this year, I participated in Cosmo Music Fest. Here is an interview I did whilst there: Part 1 and Part 2.
- Did Rihanna just get burglarized?
- The American music industry has been watching the progress of the Music Modernization Act. It’s now law.
- Into UK grime? Then read this.
- DJ equipment stolen. DJ equipment recovered.
- I’d never heard of this line of drums before. Were they just ahead of their time?
- And just for fun, here’s a transcript of yesterday’s Trump press conference. It’s…bizarre.