What the hell has been happening on American Airlines flights? it’s sure not inflight entertainment. Let’s now try some music news for September 29, 2022.
- RIP Coolio at age 59. No cause of death has been announced.
- YouTube might have a special secret weapon to use against Spotify.
- There’s a new fund that wants to buy up music catalogues in Asia.
- Because bad bitches have bad days, too.
- And on that note, another artist has decided to come off the road because she wants to preserve her mental health.
- Nice work, Global Citizen Festival!
- A guy in Australia paid a LOT for some handwritten David Bowie lyrics.
- Apple Music seems about to do something with classical music.
- If you’re a voiceover artist, imagine this happening to you.
- This festival was canceled because some laptops went missing.
- Now GWAR is mad at Adam Levine. He now risks being hacked to pieces like the puny human he is. C’est la vie.
- Did Metallica really do this? Yes.
- If you use Audacity for audio editing, you’ll want to know about this upgrade.
- Apple has pulled a Russian music app from the App Store. Good–but what took so long?
- Pusha T really has a beef with McDonald’s.
- Very woke. (Via Larry)
BONUS: I have no idea what’s going on here. (Via Tom)