The Partridge Family house has been demolished. If you’re of a certain age, a little bit of you just died. Let’s resurrect your spirits with some music news for April 25, 2023.
- The Foo Fighters take the stage in 30 days. Any drummer news, guys?
- Spotify’s secret: Three layers of AI-driven algorithms.
- Elon Musk’s latest gambit to save Twitter is to threaten advertisers. That should work. (Via Rick J)
- The blue checkmark fiasco is even worse that we’ve been told.
- A woman in Mexico has turned her boyfriend’s annoying snoring into a hit Spotify playlist.
- Ever get a song stuck in your head? Here’s the science behind earworms. (Rick J again)
- What could voice cloning mean for society? The BBC takes a look. (Via Sean)
- The Proclaimers have had their big song removed from King Charles coronation compilation.
- AI is really going to impact the art of making music videos. This is actually pretty cool.
- So is this: AI was used to complete the Beach Boys’ Smile album.
- Meanwhile, Canadian computer experts are urging the government to pass AI laws now.
- Netflix now comprises between 7 and 8% of all US TV viewing.
- Two different guitarists collapsed onstage recently: Morbid Angel guitarist Trey Azagthoth (onstage) and Accept guitarist Philip Shouse (on a plane).
- Afroman is running for president. He wants to be “Pot Head of State.”
- Interesting list: Top 10 Cancelled Songs.
- Remember when Web3 was the next big thing for music? Now, maybe not so much.
BONUS: This is fun. This history of mobile phone design. (Via Sean)