I think I have an Amex bill due today. Don’t let me forget. And it’s one of those relatively lean music news days. We run into those once in a while.
- Grooveshark–remember them?–could be in legal trouble to the tune of three-quarters of a billion dollars.
- There’s a war brewing between Apple and Tidal over the latter’s insistence on exclusives.
- Billy Corgan has signed on as a senior producer for creative and talent development with TNA, a Nashville-based professional wrestling league. (Via Brent)
- iTunes is raising funds for victims of the Nepalese earthquake.
- Pandora’s payout per stream just rose by $0.0001. That’s not a typo.
- Elvis’ airplanes are staying at Graceland.
- Want to eat at Moby’s vegan restaurant?
- Downloads drop by 12% in the UK. But streaming is up 81%.
- BitTorrent has laid off close a third of the company.