Here’s the headline: “A Poop-Delivery Service Was Hacked.” You want to click here, don’t you? Do it–then come back for music news for August 16, 2022.
- Rolling Stone has named U2 the longest continuously-running band on the planet. Here’s their rationale.
- Roger Waters has a lot to say, but what he has to say is polarizing some people. Waters is getting testy, too.
- There’s a virtual robot rapper with 10 million followers. It just got a record deal with Capitol. Meet FN Mecha.
- Good. This was the right outcome. (Via Max)
- ‘Murica. Another shooting at a music festival.
- UK music venues, bars, pubs, restaurants, and hotels are facing an emergency situation due to rising energy prices…
- …and Brexit is killing touring for new bands.
- Snoop Dogg has a new breakfast cereal. It’s called “Snoop Loopz,” of course.
- Antytila is a Ukrainian rock band fighting on the front lines against Russia. Here’s their story. (Via Sean)
- Mariah Carey’s house in Atlanta got burgled when she was on vacation.
- Meanwhile, Mariah wants to be trademarked as “The Queen of Christmas.” It’s not going well.
- Porno for Pyros is back in the studio.
- Ads on our iPhones? I‘m not sure I like this.
- You can’t do this with a musical, people. It’s copyrighted!
- Boat wash? What does that have to do with a country concert?
- Here’s a weird legal situation involving Prince and Andy Warhol.
BONUS: Death metal rooster.