Anyone seen any signs of pumpkin spice latte creep? It’s been coming sooner and sooner each year… Skip that for now. Here’s music news for August 17, 2021.
- Not entirely music related, but we wouldn’t be here now if it wasn’t for the IBM PC that first appeared 40 years ago.
- Bob Dylan has a new #MeToo problem that’s actually 56 years in the making.
- And here come the concert cancelations for the fall. Why? COVID.
- The Foo Fighters are now requring vaccinations or negative test proof for some shows.
- Facebook has added social music to its offering. What could this mean?
- Here’s a decent history of the New Romantics scene in the UK.
- A book about Massey Hall is all set to come out in November.
- A Peleton class that features nothing but Disney hits? Yep.
- This would be an odd Beatles keepsake.
- Niche playlists on Spotify are a becoming a bigger and bigger thing for Gen Z.
- It appears that the next AI voice assistant will come from Sonos.
- This is an interesting Twitter account: “A song with every length, counting from 0:00:01 to as high as we can get.” Go here.
- The UK is trying to crack down on illegal ticket sales again.
- Do you have a podcast? Here’s some really interesting analysis that can help you use language better.
- Here comes a whole lot of Madonna.
More news? Check here.