Okay, wait: Disney’s Goofy might actually be a cow? Well, that rocks my world. Maybe this round of music news for August 2, 2022 will do the same for you.
- Muse has an NFT album. It will be the first to qualify for chart position.
- Gene Simmons regarding KISS: This is it. The final tour. No, really.
- This music festival in Georgia is being canceled because authorities won’t let them ban “guns and explosives.”
- Is TikTok really responsible for the revival of so many catalogue songs? Or is there something else we should consider?\
- And on a similar subject, here’s how TikTok is affected guitar culture.
- Mo Ostin, the longtime chief at Warner Brothers responsible for signing so many bands, has died at the age of 95.
- Popeye’s Chicken 1, rapper accusing the chain of copyright infringement 0.
- There are more rumours about U2’s plans for 2023. This article is in German but reader Chris (who translated part of it) says that there are French dates being confirmed as part of a European tour which will be followed by North America.
- A Travis Scott residency in Las Vegas? Anyone think that’s a good idea after Astroworld?
- “What should a nine-thousand-pound electric vehicle sound like?” Discuss.
- Another Lollapalooza has wrapped up. The mayor says that the festival will be in the city for another ten years.
- Lil Durk go boom.
- Hear me out: The power of silence.
- One in five nightclubs in the UK has closed since 2019.
- Want some of Elvis’ jewelry? It’s for sale.
BONUS: This garage that builds Batmobiles was raided by the cops.