Gimme. NOW. As for music news for August 24, 2021…
- A UK study confirms that it’s possible to hold full-capacity concerts with miminal COVID risk.
- The rest of the Sex Pistols 0, Johnny Lydon nil. But really, the fans win this one.
- RIP Brian Travers, sax player with UB40.
- Insane Clown Posse will tour just one more time because of Violent J’s heart problems.
- BlackBerry has made an impressive turnaround from smartphones to smart cars. Check it out.
- Some wild new stuff has been discovered about how the brain processes sounds and words.
- You gotta love Laura Jane Grace for doing this. (Via Tom)
- The Eagles are set to release a double album on vinyl. In a rare twist, side four will be blank.
- I’m just gonna go and say that this was the most expensive concert ever.
- Wait: Britney’s housekeep took her dogs?
- The Monkees were the most influential pop-rock band ever. Discuss.
- SiriusXM launched a TikTok-based channel this week.
- If you’re a YouTube creator and you’re worried about using music in your videos, there’s now a “DMCA-proof” option.
- Tetris is back in a new musical form.
- Hey, Siri. Siri? Can you hear me now?
BONUS: If subtitles bother you…
More news? Look here.