Published on August 28th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Happy 32nd birthday to Florence Welch of Florence + The Machine. In other music news for August 28, 2018…
- Canadian music sales and streaming numbers vs. this time last year: Total albums, -18.8%; digital albums, -20.7%; physical albums, -17.6%; CDs, -21.6%; vinyl, +43.2%; streaming, +51.4% (1.109 billion streams last week).
- Hoping to be a music industry entrepreneur? Here are 16 podcasts that should help.
- Speaking of music entrepreneurship, Taylor Swift is about to be a free agent. Let the bidding begin!
- Let’s talk a little bit more about the radio industry and its relationship to smart speakers and podcasting. This is important.
- Why is someone trying to burn down this small-town Manitoba radio station?
- Wow. Sales of digital albums are really tanking.
- Frustrated by not being able to find the perfect headphones for yourself? You’re not alone.
- A long-lost Noel Gallagher solo album has turned up.
- Here is the top 10 playlist of late Senator John McCain.
- Stevie Wonder played this tribute to John McCain.
- It looks like this year was the year of a podcast boom. Where will things go from here?
- Worried about having a heart attack? Listen to some yoga music before bed.
- I love how these music festivals are combining tunes with science.
- Still using Snapchat? You might find this new music feature interesting.
- A record amount of illegal drugs were seized at the Leeds Festival this year.
- Interesting: Email could be more useful for your band’s interaction with fans than social channels.
- If you’re a hardcore Tragically Hip fan, you might enjoy this podcast that’s going through all the band’s releases.
- Metallica watches? Why not?
- Is it possible that Marilyn Manson and Lady Gaga are collaborating on something?