There’s a problem at Burning Man. Let’s see how they solve this. Meanwhile, we’ve got music news for August 29, 2023.
- More sleuthing has been done about the imminent release of the first Rolling Stones album of new material in decades.
- Neil Peart’s sister has spoken out about her brother’s final years.
- What are you trying to say, Noel?
- Tom Morello played a gig in America’s only unionized strip club.
- Fun fact: Before Rage took off, Tom worked as a male stripper.
- Merch cuts are a big problem these days. Here’s an explanation.
- Meanwhile, in Florida.. (Via Rick J)
- AC/DC for the Super Bowl halftime show? Maybe.
- If you’re a fan of Amy Winehouse, you’ll want to have a look at this new scrapbook.
- Today I learned that super-producer/pop songwriter Max Martin was in a hair metal band.
- Can you like Grease (the musical) too much? Yes. Yes, you can.
- There’s going to be a run on silver outfits thanks to Beyonce.
- US politicians continue to line up in in an effort to save AM radio.
- Meanwhile, a famous AM frequency in the UK will go dark at the end of the month.
- Do not piss off Adele.
BONUS: If you have the time, this Bill Burr podcast featuring Josh Homme is good fun. (Via Sean)