It’s my parents’ anniversary today: 64 years. Wow. As for other things happening on August 3, 2021, here’s some music news.
- The Polaris Music Prize is looking for a new executive director. Here’s how to apply.
- Kurt Cobain’s childhood home is being turned into an exhibit in Aberdeen, Washington.
- If you’re a Foo Fighters fan, you may find this article interesting.
- And if you remember Frankie Goes to Hollywood, there’s this.
- Paul McCartney is very pro-vax…
- …and so is Mr. Lordi.
- Switzerland is debating on dumping FM radio entirely.
- Google’s smartspeakers have always been #1 in Canada. Now they’ve overtaken Amazon Alexa devices in the US.
- I hope I can still rock out when I’m this dude‘s age.
- Twitter vs. music copyright: This could be a problem.
- This rapper keeps causing/running into trouble. See? (Via Amber)
- Here’s an interesting allegation about Live Nation and the return of concerts in the US. (Via Paula)
- I’d forgotten about this strange Halifax concert situation. (Via Tom)
- Yep, there’s a new Led Zeppelin documentary coming up.
- Another Kanye album listening party? Hope it’s better than the first one.
- Jeezus, Jared Leto.
- Um… (Via Tom)
BONUS: This standup routine was composed and performed entirely by bots.
More news? Look here.