Pumpkin spice latte creep is here. Starbucks is already offering pumpkins spice latte and pumpkin muffins. Too soon? How long will it be before we hear about radio stations and their annual flip to all-Christmas music? Moving on to music news for August 31, 2021.
- Speaking of too soon, Trans-Siberian Orchestra has announced their 2021 Christmas tour.
- How’s this for a superspreader event: 5,000 infections related to a single music festival that could also indicate a new strain of the delta variant.
- Gene Simmons ripped into “evil, self-serving politicians” in Florida and Texas about their attitudes towards COVID.
- RIP Ron Bushy, the drummer for Iron Butterfly. He was 79.
- Rammstein’s Till Lindermann was arrested in Russia. That’s never good.
- Kanye claims that his record label released his Donda album without his permission.
- A blockchain music investment company? If you understand that phrase, go here.
- Apple has purchased a classical music streaming company called Primephonic.
- When will #MeToo really hit rock’n’roll? A good question.
- A modular guitar? This looks cool.
- Stop with the drummer jokes. Science says that drummers are smarter, healthier.
- The Google Play app store is making an insane amount of money.
- I gotta visit this museum in Montreal.
- GWAR cannabis products? Yep.
- BABYMETAL NFT trading cards? Yep.
- This looks interesting: “Hand-curated radio.”
BONUS: That seems about right. (Via Greggory)
More news? Check here.