Published on December 11th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Tuesday, December 11, 2018
I ordered a bunch of Christmas presents online but because of the Canada Post labour issue, they haven’t arrived yet. I’m getting concerned. Meanwhile, here’s music news for December 10, 2018.
- The daughter of the richest man in India hired Beyonce to sing at her wedding. I wonder how much that cost? No mention of that in this story, either. Gotta be at least $5 million US.
- Neil Young vs. Bob Dylan and fossil fuels.
- Taylor Swift’s stalker is being sent to jail for breaking into her New York home, taking a shower, and falling asleep.
- Interesting argument: Is Fortnite stealing from black music culture?
- A 16-year-old was found dead after being electrocuted by his headphones.
- If you’re a fan of Godsmack, you’ll definitely want to take a look at this.
- Elton John has some strange TV-watching habits.
- Here’s a fun article connecting the dots between snake oil (i.e. bogus patent medicine sold by quacks) and music.
- This radio show host plays nothing but 8-tracks.
- It’s Christmas. If you’re in a band, it’s time to acknowledge the people who support you. (Via Danny)
- North America isn’t the only part of the world where radio stations flip to all-Christmas formats at this time of year. See?
- Gawd. This “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” thing just won’t go away.
- And if you must read every list of music, here are 100 Christmas songs ranked.
- Why doesn’t your band get played on the radio? Read this.
- So why did Apple acquire this A&R company? Oh.
- If you’re interested in who will get into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2019. the announcement is coming Thursday.