Peleton had a Sex in the City PR problem. Then they fixed it with Ryan Reynolds. Nice save. As for music news for December 14, 2021…
- Still no word on which member of the Foo Fighters was transferred to hospital in Chicago as the band was making its was to Abu Dhabi to play the last F1 race of the year. This isn’t gossip. It’s concern.
- Here are six predictions for the music industry in 2022.
- Evanescence’s tour has been hit by COVID problems. It’s all mild, though, thanks to vaccinations.
- This book on Eddie Van Halen looks very interesting. Puking at your own wedding?
- Spotify is now number one for podcasts in the US. What happened, Apple?
- Would you like a pair of Stella McCartney’s Beatles sweatpants? That’ll be US$1,095, please.
- Jimmy Buffet now has a cruise line.
- Female composers have something to say about the whole #MeToo thing.
- Why aren’t fans showing up to gigs in the UK? Here’s a look at that.
- And it’s not just UK fans that are no-shows, either.
- This Brian Eno-designed turntable looks really cool.
- Is Spotify the king of all things audio? Discuss.
- There’s an IndieGoGo fundraising campaign to produce a documentary on NYC’s legendary Max’s Kansas City club.
- If Freddie Mercury and Frank Sinatra were still alive and had a conversation, what would it be like? AI technology can make a guess.
- The music industry pledges to be net-zero by 2050. (Via Sean)
BONUS: The Gen Z conspiracy that claims birds aren’t real.