This is some serious “the truth is out there” sh*t. Thoughts? Let me know after you look at music news for December 7, 2021.
- Neil Young has a little pity for Trump supporters. But only a little.
- This shows you how much artists believe the Grammy Awards are still relevant: Drake has withdrawn his 2022 nominations.
- Not a good look, Justin Bieber.
- And this doesn’t make Marilyn Manson look any better, either. In fact, this is really, really, REALLY bad.
- Adele’s 30 is still at number one on the American album charts. But look who’s in at number 10.
- Here’s the BBC’s annual list of artist to watch in the next 12 months.
- Angry Eddie. (Via Tom)
- Flashback to 1983: David Bowie calls out MTV on its lack of diversity. (Tom again)
- Live Nation just got bigger and more powerful.
- What do you supposed “the world’s leading music metaverse” will look like?
- Interesting idea: A radio format for the work-from-home crowd. What would that sound like?
- This is quite brilliant: A mix of audio from every year starting in 1939.
- How did these guys steal US$20 million from YouTube?
- Xmas gift idea suggested by musicians.
- And what about box sets? Glad you asked.
BONUS: We have a new second-tallest skyscraper in the world.
More news? Look here.