Let’s fact-check the so-called “trucker protest,” shall we? Once you read that, check out music news for February 15, 2022.
- Jon Farriss of INXS was seen protesting COVID mandates in Canberra, Australia.
- Kanye offered to “double the salary” of Michael Che of SNL if he’d stop working with Pete Davidson.
- Dolly Parton says that if she’s inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, she’ll release a rock album.
- A rare Beatles acetate has sold for nearly US$25,000.
- Liam Gallagher is spouting off about an Oasis reunion again.
- The past Sunday was World Radio Day. Here’s why that’s important. And there’s a new global organization for the radio industry.
- A radio station in Seattle was breaking car radios somehow.
- Here’s everything anyone know about the Apple Car.
- Spotify shares are now down almost 34% this year.
- And there’s this new investigation into Spotify.
- Into NFTs? Better read this.
- This is what A&R in the music business looks like these days.
- Some stream-rippers have been hit by a big judgement in the US.
- I agree with a lot of this. “Streaming really does pay. You’re just aren’t doing the math right.”
- These handwritten lyrics for The Beatles’ “Hey Jude” are going up for sale.
More news? Check here.
BONUS: This band is urging all artists to do this to protest against Spotify’s low royalty rate.