Published on February 16th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, February 16, 2016
Bad news: It’s Tuesday. Good news: It’s a short week. Bad news: Short weeks always seem longer somehow, especially in February. Good news: Your brain apparently works better in winter.
And now, the music news.
- Former Prince protegé Vanity is dead at 57.
- Apple Music put on a million paying subscriptions in a month. At this pace, they’ll be up with Spotify by the end of the year.
- Radio and cars still go together very, very well.
- Racist speech set to music. That’s one way to blunt the message.
- Is Chavril about to reunite?
- Looking for some wireless earbuds? These are getting great reviews.
- Here’s a first-person account of how you don’t mess with Taylor Swift.
- Wow. Canadian acts are really doing well internationally this year. REALLY well.
- Sum 41 made a TON of money. Look at Deryck Whibley’s new place in Ecinco, California.
- Bullet For My Valentine has released a new interactive app for both iOS and Android.
- Remember the little girl in Nirvana’s “Heart-Shaped Box” video? Dave Grohl caught up with her twenty-three years later. (Via Tom)
- Looking for an app that will seamlessly mix your songs? Try Serato’s Pyro. (Via Chris)
- A grad student has invented some earbuds that will never tangle. Never? (Via Tom)
- A case involving the death of Slipknot bassist Paul Gray has reached the Supreme Court.
- Why are so many dudes singing like ladies on the radio these days?