Published on February 23rd, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, February 23, 2016
It was on this day in 1987 that Supernova 1987a–the most important supernova in recent times–was spotted in the Large Magellanic Cloud. And now, today’s random selection of music news.
- Do you need to “reclaim” your playlists from Spotify? Here’s what I mean by that.
- “Kendrick Lamar’s Stylist Shares the Hidden Messages in His Grammys Performance.” His stylist? Oddly, yes.
- “Intelligent audio?” What’s that? Oh, I get it. It’s cleverly hidden in gobbledegook language in the first paragraph.
- The touring story of 2016? Looks like it’s going to be Beyonce.
- Because it’s Tuesday, you need a gallery of classic album covers redone with cats. (Via Tom)
- An interesting story about a curse that may have affected Eric Clapton.
- The music used in exercise classes is making some people crazy.
- Meanwhile, sounds from a local zoo are said to be making some people sick.
- Is Tidal closer to extinction?
- The All Def Movie Awards will run opposite the Academy Awards in an #OscarsSoWhite move.
- It looks like Arcade Fire is preparing to re-emerge with something new.
- Producer Bob Ezrin completely unloads his wrath regarding Kanye West. He makes some good points, too.