Random music news for Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Happy birthday, Dave Grohl! He’s 51 today. Meanwhile in music news for January 14, 2020…
- Even though music fans are still mourning the death of Neil Peart, this story has to make you smile.
- Speaking of whom, has anyone heard of any public memorials? If so, email me at [email protected]
- Jacob Hoggard of Hedley is set to be back in court today to answer to three sex-related charges.
- Tupac was murdered while riding in a BMW. That vehicle is now for sale for US$1.75 million.
- A good read: Why music takes a dive at the beginning of every decade.
- Justin Bieber wants his fans to cheat when it comes to his new single. It’s all about gaming the system.
- A Sega synthesizer? Yep. But it’s one-of-a-kind.
- Himalayan metal: It’s a thing.
- Here’s your strange musical Twitter account for the week: Maradona dancing.
- The US Government isn’t happy with Live Nation over these violations.
- Elton John apparently knew about Harry and Meghan bolting from the Royal Family before the Queen did. But Elton denies that.
- A patent troll has LOST its case over podcasting. Good.
- Def Leppard describes Hamilton’s FirstOntario Centre arena like this: “It stinks like 10,000 asses.”
- Does it still make sense to release CDs, LPs and, er, cassettes today? Discuss.
- Is this a look at Spotify’s upcoming smart speaker called “Smart Home Thing?”
- An appreciation of Clare Torry. Who? Trust me: You know her.
- Look at what the antics of disgraced Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn has done with musicians and their kids.