Published on January 22nd, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Tuesday, January 22, 2019
The first 747 went into commercial service with Pan Am on this day in 1970. As for music news on January 22, 2019…
- Chris Brown has been detained on rape charges.
- No Oscar nomination for Thom Yorke for his
- Did Drake predict the teams in the Super Bowl? One theory says “yes.”
- Don’t joke about bombs at the airport, people.
- A couple seen in an iconic Woodstock photo from 1969
arestill together. (Via Tom)
- Another look back at forgotten (or semi-forgotten) Canadian hard rock/metal bands of the past. (Via Danny)
- The new Galaxy S10 phones look pretty cool.
- Why are people still building celebrity apps? They don’t work.
- Would you like to learn how to speak whale? Go here!
- This new policy in Ontario could make it very, very hard for campus radio stations.
- The Spice Girls just found out some of their t-shirts were being made in a Bangladesh sweatshop.
- R Kelly is back on the Billboard charts.
- Sinead O’Connor’s son has been found alive and well after going missing for three days.
- Lady Gaga won’t be getting an invitation to the White House anytime soon.
- Bon Jovi’s New Jersey restaurant gave out free meals to US federal employees affected by the shutdown.
- This concert tour has been
cancelledbecause of the infamous Trump Tower meeting.
- It appears that the Sony Centre in Toronto is going to be renamed Meridian Hall later this year. Here’s a history of the venue, going back to the days when it was known as The O’Keefe Centre.
- The new Slipknot album looks like it’s going to be…bloody.