The first 747 went into commercial service with Pan Am on this day in 1970. As for music news on January 22, 2019…
- Chris Brown has been detained on rape charges.
- No Oscar nomination for Thom Yorke for his
- Did Drake predict the teams in the Super Bowl? One theory says “yes.”
- Don’t joke about bombs at the airport, people.
- A couple seen in an iconic Woodstock photo from 1969
arestill together. (Via Tom)
- Another look back at forgotten (or semi-forgotten) Canadian hard rock/metal bands of the past. (Via Danny)
- The new Galaxy S10 phones look pretty cool.
- Why are people still building celebrity apps? They don’t work.
- Would you like to learn how to speak whale? Go here!
- This new policy in Ontario could make it very, very hard for campus radio stations.
- The Spice Girls just found out some of their t-shirts were being made in a Bangladesh sweatshop.
- R Kelly is back on the Billboard charts.
- Sinead O’Connor’s son has been found alive and well after going missing for three days.
- Lady Gaga won’t be getting an invitation to the White House anytime soon.
- Bon Jovi’s New Jersey restaurant gave out free meals to US federal employees affected by the shutdown.
- This concert tour has been
cancelledbecause of the infamous Trump Tower meeting.
- It appears that the Sony Centre in Toronto is going to be renamed Meridian Hall later this year. Here’s a history of the venue, going back to the days when it was known as The O’Keefe Centre.
- The new Slipknot album looks like it’s going to be…bloody.