Something for the shopping list this week: Novelty toiler paper. Just as novel but less gross is music news for January 24, 2023.
- Spotify has announce cuts of 500 jobs worldwide.
- Here’s yet another discussion on the payouts from streaming music platforms. It’s worth the read.
- Want your TikTok video to go viral? Do you know about the “heating button?”
- YouTube is working on something called a “listening room.”
- There’s a new streaming-adjacent app that uses artificial intelligence and manual curation to help create better personalized playlists.
- I never considered this about Fox’s NFL theme song.
- A bunch of Australian festival goers were taken the hospital when the even ran of water.
- Buying a vintage stereo system? Read this.
- This looks valuable: a book called Touring and Mental Health: The Music Industry Manual.
- Sir Ozzy: It could happen.
- Bono is embracing the grey.
- Beyonce played a private gig in DubaI last weekend. She was paid US$24 million. And there’s a backlash.
- A one million dollar credit card bill? Someone wants answers.
- Shiver. (Via David)
BONUS: A Judas Priest safety PSA/album commercial. (Via Tom)
BONUS BONUS: Looking for a new sport to support? Try professional face slapping.