Tired of all the NFT hype? Then you need one of these t-shirts. Sold. Let’s deal with some music news for January 25, 2022.
- The nominations for the 2022 Juno Awards will be announced on March 1 at 11 am ET. More details to follow.
- Eric Clapton is at it again. He claims people who’ve had the COVID vaccine are suffering from “mass formation hypnosis.”
- Meanwhile, Neil Young wants his music yanked off Spotify because he says the platform promotes COVID disinformation. (He’s looking at you, Joe Rogan.)
- A French surgeon is in trouble for trying to sell an NFT of an X-ray of one of the victims of the Bataclan massacre. It was a shot of a Khalisnikov bullet lodged in an arm. He never asked the patient for permission.
- An interesting question: Are music awards show still relevant in the age of Spotify Wrapped?
- Spotify might end up sponsoring the jerseys of Barcelona FC.
- If you’re planning to get married, you might want to have a word with your future spouse regarding the music for the wedding. Otherwise you might end up with this situation.
- Liam Gallagher’s son, Lennon, is turning into quite the fashion model.
- This looks fun: A radio that’s actually a musical time machine.
- Time to start talking about the goofiness that is Eurovision. This act could be the national representative for Latvia. Note the first line of the song. (NSFW, so put on headphones if necessary.)
- Into bands like The Strokes, LCD Soundsystem, Interpol, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs? Then this documentary is for you.
- Honkin’ hippos!
- Cardi B has been awarded US$1.25 million in a defamation lawsuit against a YouTuber.
- FIGHT! Damon Albarn vs. Taylor Swift.
- I had no idea that Meal Loaf was the father-in-law of Anthrax’s Scott Ian.
BONUS: Why play Wordle when you can play Sweardle!