Goth history! It was on this day in 1845 that Edgar Allen Poe’s “The Raven” was published in New York’s The Evening Mirror newspaper. As for music news for January 29, 2019…
- Weekly Canadian music sales and streaming stats: Total albums, -24.1% from this time last year; CDs, -29.3%; digital albums, -24.6%; digital tracks, -33.5%; vinyl LPs, +21.5%; on-demand audio streams, +38.1% (1.308 billion streams)
- Has someone demanded money from you for alleged piracy with the threat of legal action? Better read this.
- Apple might launch a line of over-the-ear headphones later this year that
- Apple Music is now officially available on Android tablets.
Stillwith of Apple, there are hints of new iPads coming.
- And one more: Apple News will debut in Canada next week. Finally.
- Cool! Young bands are being given a chance to work at Abbey Road Studios.
- This is the latest installment of a look back on forgotten Canadian metal/hard rock bands of the past. How about Paul Laine?
- The digital world and radio: Did radio dodge a bullet?
- If you want a really, really deep and geeky look at the top five singles in America last year, read this.
- The Guardian has a fine article on the last days of EMI.
- Think before you get a tat like this, kids.
- Geez, Ozzy. You gotta take better care of yourself.
- Wifi into electricity? Really? Really.