That’s a little too much for a Super Mario 64 game, don’t you think? Now let’s switch to music news for July 13, 2021.
- Mark Hoppus has a very important cancer test that could determine his fate. Fingers crossed.
- The prospects for a post-COVID rebound by the music industry are good.
- But will there be indoor music events in Ontario later this summer? We’re still not sure.
- Festival workers in the UK aren’t crazy about COVID protocols. “We’ll just ignore them.”
- New COVID rules in South Korean gyms require slower music. Wait–what? (Via Tom)
- Canada’s Walk of Fame RBC Emerging Musician Program is now open for submissions. At stake: $100,000.
- “Why won’t American radio play more K-pop?” Discuss.
- In the UK, 25% of people would like to see nightclubs closed permanently.
- Are NFTs still a thing? Or is the crash already here? (Via Sean)
- Cardi B vs. YouTube: It’s on.
- There’s a podcast for everything. See?
- And Netflix is getting into podcasting.
- Meanwhile, Dan Reynolds of Imagine Dragons is working on a multi-player video game that should be out by the end of the year.
- The NFL on Apple TV? Maybe.
- This rapper released a pro-vaccination song. It’s not going over well with some.
- Great: Voice cloning is becoming a thing for criminals. (Via Sean)
More news? Look here.