Published on July 14th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, July 14, 2015
It’s New-Horizons-at-Pluto-Day! What will we see? Will the Annunaki be awakened from their slumber? (Note to mission specialist Alan Stern: Can I have a crater on Charon named after me? Please? I’ll take the one on the lower left.)
Here’s an assortment of music news for your Tuesday.
- HMV is feeling much, much better, thank you. In fact, the company is expanding into the Middle East.
- Meanwhile, The NME has launched a Japanese website.
- This British rapper-turned-ISIS-thug is now on the run.
- Denis Leary’s new rock’n’roll series debuts this Thursday and already he’s thinking about season two. He wants Bowie. (Via Tom)
- Sharknado: The Musical. Seriously.
- Fiddy is bankrupt. Can you spare fifty cents for the guy?
- On that subject, here are 50 really good tweets about 50 Cent’s bankruptcy.
- Mike Tyson and the naked Madonna video.
- Why does rock’s old guard hate Kanye so much?
- Justin Bieber: Lip syncer.
- Has Lauren Hill been banned from the UK? She says yes.
- No charges in Ariana Grande’s “donutgate” scandal.
- Did you know that the musical score for Minions was composed by a former member of Simply Red?
- What’s the loudest major art museum in New York?
- No love for Janet Jackson and Mariah Carrey as older singers find it tough to get airplay.
- This will do your heart good: Burmese punks feeding the homeless of Myanmar. (Via Larry)